We are looking for a creative, professional full-time graphic designer for our Emporia, Kansas design studio.
IM Design Group LLC has a diverse client base developed over the last 15 years. We are looking for a designer with the passion for understanding client needs and developing effective creative solutions. The ability to work directly with clients and ensure they are treated well is a top priority in this studio. People skills as well as creative skills are a must. Web design abilities using WordPress is a plus, but not required.
This position works with a small in-house team and reports to the Creative Directors. Our employees have the opportunity to grow with the company.
- Excellent people and customer service skills (you will be working directly with clients and vendors)
- Strong conceptual thinking, including the ability to present design concepts to others
- Self motivation, with the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to accept feedback with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Willingness to learn new software and skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Knowledge of print production procedures for digital, offset, and screen printing
Not required, but applicants with these skills will receive preference:
- WordPress Development
- Copywriting ability
- Experience with managing Facebook and Google ad campaigns
- At least 2 years of prior professional experience as a graphic designer
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design advertising materials for our base of primarily small business clients, including newspaper/magazine ads, brochures, posters, rack cards, banners, direct mail, logos, business cards, vehicle wraps, etc
- Create layouts, images, and graphics using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Update or make changes to existing materials for various clients
- Work with production vendors to get accurate quotes and produce printed projects
- Track and manage versions of graphics files and documents
- Accurately track time and complete job tickets
- Ensure all proper approvals are received prior to print production
- Keep software skills up-to-date and learn new software as needed
- Some general office and special project responsibilities for IM Design Group as needed
This is a non-remote job. We are located in a small, midwestern university town. All applicants must be willing to work onsite in our Emporia, Kansas office location, during normal business hours. IM Design Group does not compensate applicants for any travel or relocation expenses to fill this position.
Salary starts at $28k for an entry-level applicant, and is commensurate and negotiable for applicants with greater years of experience and skills. IM Design Group offers health and dental insurance, paid vacation, and two resident shop cats for your enjoyment : )